0.3 miles from Nolin River Lake
Timber Lake Lodge is a finely appointed timber framed home sitting on a PRIVATE 40-acre wooded estate with DIRECT access to one of the most beautiful & serene coves in all of Nolin Lake. With everything that Timber Lake Lodge has to offer, there is nothing of this caliber available for rent at Nolin or any other lake in the state of Kentucky. The home is located in the middle of Nolin Lake, giving you the best access to explore. The short path to the lake is directly in front of the house.
Timber Lake Lodge is a stunning 6-bedroom timber-frame home directly on Nolin Lake in a completely private gated estate on 40 acres with boat dock. This luxurious home was designed for entertaining & relaxing in serenity. Enjoy the open plan kitchen, living and dining, breathtaking woodwork, 2-story cupola, stunning hardwood floors, indoor and outdoor stone fireplaces, and covered deck and patio. There is a king bedroom & ensuite on the first floor, and a queen bedroom and ensuite in the basement. On the second floor, two more bedrooms share a jack and jill bathroom. One has a queen bed and the other bedroom has a set of full size bunkbeds. The wonderfully appointed bunk house sleeps 8+.
If a rustic cabin lake vacation is your dream, but luxurious accommodations are more your style, you will bask in the respite of this exquisite home located on forty acres at the end of a secluded and serene cove on Nolin Lake. This is the only home in the entire gated property, located just six miles from Wax Marina and Nolin Lake Lodge restaurant, and only nine miles from Mammoth Cave National Park. From the gorgeous interior, step outside to the IPE, exotic hardwood constructed deck to enjoy nearly 750 square feet of covered porch with built-in outdoor stone fireplace, grill and large dining table. Beautiful forested views surround you, and yet the gentle sloping path to your private dock on Nolin Lake is directly in front of the home. A swim ladder from the dock gives you access to the private cove, located directly across from a nature preserve, providing peace and quiet. You likely won't hear boat motors or noise from others during your entire stay as you have the entire cove to yourself!
Have your own boat? The home is located within minutes of several ramps, including Dog Creek Recreation Area (7 minutes by car) and Wax Marina (15 minutes by car). The nearby launching spots coupled with the boat dock in front of the home provide unparalleled access to beautiful Nolin. We are happy to provide you with more information on storing your boat overnight, just ask!
The first floor includes a spacious open floor-plan great room with a stone gas fireplace that looks up into a two-story cupola. Plenty of comfortable sofas surround the fireplace sitting areas. A large dining table is situated close to the kitchen, and provides ample space for a large gathering. The granite countertop island is large enough for a sizable buffet, a five-burner gas cooktop, and six barstools. The gourmet kitchen includes a farmhouse sink, stainless steel appliances, and a stand-alone ice maker. Kitchen is stocked with everything you will need, including dishes, silverware, and glassware for 24, pots and pans, prep and cooking equipment utensils, serving platters and bowls, small appliances and pantry staples.
Down the hall from the great room, a first floor bedroom with king bed is situated to view the trees from the beautiful bay windows. A two-sink vanity and tiled walk-in shower, two closets, as well as a private entry to the covered deck await the guests that occupy this suite.
Just off the kitchen, a pantry with pull-out shelves, mudroom/laundry, and a half bath complete the first floor.
Up the stairs, with another impressive view of the estate, there are two bedrooms with a jack and jill bathroom. The first bedroom has a queen bed with large closet, and the second bedroom has a bunk bed, both with full beds. A pack and play is available in the closet. The jack and jill bathroom has a double-sink vanity that is separated from the bath/shower combo and toilet, giving privacy for multiple guests.
Let the fun begin downstairs with a pool table, wet bar with beverage refrigerator, large screen television with Dish network and plenty of plush seating to watch a movie or the big game! Over 250 DVDs await movie buffs. A fitness area equipped with a rowing machine, mini trampoline, yoga mats and weights is ready for your exercise routine. Indoor time can be filled with the array of board games, cards and toys. A second full-size refrigerator is located in the storage area.
An additional queen bedroom with the same footprint as the first floor bedroom is located down the hall from the open floor plan basement living area. Here, another two-sink vanity, tiled shower and two closets, as well as a private entry to the covered patio await the guests of this suite.
Just steps away from the main home, a wonderfully appointed bunk house with two additional bedrooms, kitchenette with sink and beverage refrigerator, a full bathroom with shower/bath and living area can occupy additional guests, including all of the kids and teenagers. They will have a ping-pong table, full size arcade game with over 1,000 games, large screen television, futon and gaming chairs to immerse them at night or anytime they need a break from outdoor activities. The bunk room has three sets of bunk beds, for a total of five twins and a full. The upstairs loft bedroom has a full size bed, and is perfect for adults that want to supervise and sleep in the same home as the children.
The entire home is outfitted with luxurious bed linens, comforters and comfortable mattresses. Choose from an array of feather, down, memory foam and fiber-fill bed pillows for your slumber. Plush blankets round out your high-end sleep experience. Look forward to 100-percent cotton towels in the bathrooms.
An outdoor utility closet houses a double hammock, corn hole and an oversized Jenga game. Use the fishing equipment to wet a line. Pack up some beverages to take with you out on the lake using the industrial style wagon. Put on your sneakers and take a hike across the property. You won't have to leave the estate during your entire stay!
As Airbnb Superhosts for years, we work hard to understand the needs of our guests. Please reach out to us before your stay if you need information on catering, Nolin Lake, Mammoth Cave, area activities and attractions, hikes, mountain bike trails, or other needs. We are here to make your vacation for you and your guests the best it can be!
* Please note: The home is in the CENTRAL time zone. Check in is as early as 4pm Central (5pm Eastern). Check out is by 10am Central (11am Eastern).
* Please note: Due to the nature of the wood floors, we have a "no shoes inside policy". Shoe bins are located at the door. We also provide shoe covers for those guests that must wear shoes for medical reasons.
* Please note: NO PETS ARE ALLOWED. Please do not ask for an exception to this policy.
* Please note: NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED. An additional cleaning fee will be assessed if any cigarette trash is found on the property, including the yard.
* Please note: We provide bath towels, hand towels and washcloths, but do not provide beach towels. Please BRING YOUR OWN BEACH TOWELS as our white guest towels are not intended for the lake, but for indoor use only.
* Please note: Please do NOT place items in the trash cans without using a trash bag. This includes the indoor kitchen and wet bar pullouts, as well as the trash receptacles located in the outside gated bin on the basement level. Kitchen size trash bags are provided under the kitchen cooktop, and large bags are next to the outdoor trash receptacles.
* Please note: NO FIREARMS OR HUNTING is allowed on the property.
* Please note: NO FIREWORKS, including poppers or snappers, are allowed on the property due to the mess and litter. For the same reason, NO WATER BALOONS are allowed due to the litter left behind. An additional cleaning fee will be assessed if fireworks or water balloon debris is found on the property.
* Please note: The house is on a septic system, and there is no disposal at the kitchen sink. Please do not put grease down the drains. To replace the septic pump costs over $2,000.
* Please note: Please do not let children climb on the bunkhouse nightstands as they are not intended to support body weight.
* Please note: Please do not leave the house unlocked if unattended.
* Please note: At some times during the year, Kentucky has ladybugs and stink bugs that enter our homes. They just sneak in! Please know that the home is serviced quarterly with an extermination service, and that these bugs are sometimes beyond our control with a home nestled in the trees near a lake. Please also know that the house is cleaned prior to your arrival, sometimes several days in advance, so these bugs may arrive after we clean and check the house. Thank you for your understanding.
* Please note: Nolin is a manmade lake that is controlled by a dam managed by the Corps of Engineers. We do not have control of the water levels. Historically, the water pool starts to fill in March and starts to empty in mid-October. Check the water levels at the nolinriver website.